Ever wondered what the markings on the side of a tyre mean?
Choosing the right tyre can be a minefield but the team at Auchinlea Tyres have a huge pool of knowledge to guide your decision and make your purchase cost effective. You may not understand the writting on the wall so here is an introduction to reading your tyres.
All tyres have details of brand, size and characteristic on the side help vehicle owners identify their current tyres.
- 205 ... Nominal section width in MM
- 55 ... Aspect ratio expressed as a %
- R ... Radial Construction
- 16 ... Nominal rim diameter in inches
- 91 ... Load index (615Kg/wheel)
- V ... Speed rating (Up to 149 Mph)